Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2014 12:12:07 -0500
I recently learned that Beekeepers are making their own SHB traps using
fipronil.

It is one of the many chemicals found now in hives (mostly because it is
being put there) and is the pesticide that was probably the real culprit in
France but Imid got the blame. If you recall, in France when Imid was
banned nothing happened until fipronil was banned two years later.Then the
bees improved.

It was also used in corn back when Bob H was saying that there was a
problem with corn and bees. But he said it was Imid.

I did google it and there are countless DIY SHB traps using fipronil.
Absolutely amazing that beekeepers are putting a very lethal to bees
pesticide in their hives, one which was blamed for CCD.

Obviously they are not worried about sub-lethal doses.

As Pogo said- we have met the enemy and it is us.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine