From:
Gauthier Buddy J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 07:55:34 -0500
Here is my situation:

A few weeks ago, I noticed a few drones appearing. I checked the brood and
the majority of it was drones. I started to get things in motion by ordering
another queen. While waiting for the new queen to arrive, I figured I would
find the old queen and take it from there. Well, she was marked with a red
dot, and I could not find her anywhere. I noticed that queen cells were
being formed.(Peanut sized cells on the side of the frames) My queen was not
going to arrive for a couple of weeks, so I just observed what was
happening. Colony population was tremendous and honey/pollen supplies were
in large quantities. The new queen hatched and I saw her twice. Once, I
tried to grab her with my fingers to kill her, but she escaped. The second
time, I tried to slash her with my hive tool, but she flew away. I've tried
10 times to find her in the last 8 days, but now I'm not even making eye
contact. My new queen is sitting on my counter top waiting to be introduced
and now I'm getting concerned. I did notice yesterday, new queen cells are
being worked on. Is it possible they killed her or I killed her and that is
why I can't find her? What if I never find her? Am I fighting a losing
battle if I never find her? How long will my new queen last with her nurse
bees in their cage? If I introduce her in her cage and there is still a
queen in there, what is going to happen?

P.S. My hive is 3 levels high; 2 for brood and 1 for honey(full sized
supers). I wish there was someone locally that I could call, but I know of
no one close enough to come and assist me.

Please help me!!
Buddy Gauthier

Computer Systems Analyst / Bee Hobbyist
Cameco Industries, Inc.
Thibodaux, LA  70301
Phone: (504)448-0339
Fax:     (504)435-4704
Email:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>