From:
"richard m." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:52:12 +0000
I chose entomology as a career, largely because of Polistes. Prior to my
science journey, I had always kept a garden and read a gardening mag
article (Mother Earth??) about the use of Polistes for Lepidoptera control.
Started off by relocating spring nests to the garden, then building nest
boxes and once established, never had to relocate again. "My Air Force"
became quite effective for pest reductions. And for repelling intrusive
neighbors.

Anyway, my first English comp research paper and required speech was about
Hymenoptera which led to a Forensic team scholarship, and subsequent
assistantships, and a passion that is yet unabated!