From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 19:38:21 -0500
>>..The gas meeter reader said he thinks
>that the side of my house is a honey comb two stories high.

Yea, most gas meter readers do claim to be experts on honeybees, but even
at 5 years existence, and looking at historical accounts of bees retrieved
form walls, I doubt any comb will be found to be longer than 6 feet.

>>...I called a beekeeper but he want to charges
>hundreds of dollars to remove them.
If someone wants
>these bees, please come and get them, for free! They have been here for
at least
>five years.

Get them for free?
There is no such thing as a free bee removal,  the cost is paid by the
beekeeper.  From my own account of doing the occasional free bee removal,
I find that it costs me at least $200.00 in labor, wear and tear on
vehicles from several trips to and fro etc.  This is not to the mention
the liability and tying up valuable equipment for an entire season, on
genetics that need assessed and which may in the end turn out to be
worthless, which are on average, for me about 40% or so.

The best way to ’save the bees’ is to pay these beekeepers for their time
which will keep them in business to save many more bees.  I am in support
of saving the bees, but there is no saving of bees without beekeepers to
save them.

Best Wishes,
Joe
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles/