From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:27:39 -0400
randy oliver wrote:

> Your contention that CCD is nothing but a mite issue has been noted by
> the List.  Researchers are testing that hypothesis as we speak.  I
> eagerly await their results.
I do not contend that CCD is a mite issue. Something like CCD existed
before mites. My contention is that it is not the main problem but mites
are the main problem facing beekeeping. If it is a new virus or an
existing virus variant, then mites are still the main problem.

My other contention is as noted, that many have no idea what they are
looking at but call it CCD so CCD has become, in the press and with some
beekeepers, the major problem for beekeeping. It is not. Mites are.

Nice posts, Jim and Bob. Exceptionally informative.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine