From:
michael palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:00:17 -0500
Wax moths are killed by freezing. All stages. I have heard that adult wax moths
are blown north in storms, and repopulate the area "up north". I keep my supers
in an unheated building. In the fall, I leave the overhead doors closed during
the day, and opened a crack at night. The temperature stays down this way. It
stays cool enough inside the building so the moths never really get going. Of
course, I live in northern Vermont where the nights are usually cool.