From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 01:04:18 -0400
> Would anyone on this forum care to translate what the narrator is saying.

What is said about the process is:

1)  The bees ladled into the mating nucs are left queenless and in the dark
for 3 days so that they "forget" their source colony
2)  The mating nucs are provided with unlimited sugar water feed
3)  Then the virgin queen is made "more attractive" to the workers with the
forced sugar-water bath (so it is pure sugar water, no scent)

Right after the scene with introduction of the queen into the box, the video
goes off on a tangent, quoting the fabricated Einstein quote, and making
other general statements about how bad off we would all be without our
little friend the bee.  Sounds like Rudolph is channeling Roger Morse.  :)

Then "7 drones" are said to mate with a queen (sounds a little low to me!)

The green dot is explained as being an age marker.

Mention is made of crops in northern vs southern Austria, and specifically
Burgenland, (a rural section of Austria on the border with Hungary).

The breed of bees is described as native to the area of the "Eastern Alps
into the Balkans".
(That would be "down the eastern shore of the Adriatic" from far Northeast
Italy through Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, and Albania.  A Serbo-Croatian
bee... lots of jokes there... )

Mention is made of the need to feed the bees in fall.

Note that my German is not as fluent as I'd like (but then some may think
that my English is badly translated from German!)

As for me, I see no reason to mess around with damp queens.