From:
GAVIN RAMSAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:26:47 +0000
Randy:

> The general feeling at the end of the the correspondence
> was that none of Tenneke's claims stood up to the slightest scientific
> scrutiny, and the editor chose to not even publish a review of his book.

There is a fascinating open letter written by Tennekes' co-author Rosemary Mason outlining various conspiracies, and which accuses the journal Nature of collusion with the agrochemical industry on the occasion of the journal's rapid rejection of their paper.  It gives a good insight into just how far removed from the scientific norms these people sit.

http://moraybeedinosaurs.co.uk/neonicotinoid/Open%20letter%20to%20the%20Editor-in-Chief%20of%20Nature.pdf

The paper (or one very like it) has been passed around as further evidence for the evil effects of neonics on wildlife in general.  Bizarrely, the paper seems to be the only one published by a journal which came into existence last year.  In the rant directed at the Nature editor, Mason says that the journal was created by EPA employees solely to 'capture' her paper.  Go figure, as some your side of the pond might say.

http://www.boerenlandvogels.nl/sites/default/files/JEIT-D-12-00001_0.pdf

On the Scottish beekeeping forum we had fun with a blog last year, written by Mason, which claimed that Varroa is not the problem but a symptom, implying that Varroa would be benign if it were not for neonics.  It takes all types I suppose ....

Gavin