From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:24:51 +0100
Hi Robert

>     Why the screws?

Screws are so innexpensive these days that they can be used for hive
assembly and will increase the time between maintenance. They hold the boxes
tighter and squarer than nails and can be tweaked tighter after a few years.

The pozidrive screws that I use cost between £1.00 per 1000 and up to £10.00
per 1000 for the largest sizes.

I also dip each screw in home made petroleum jelly which saves on time and
battery power for the electric screwdriver. With cedar no countersinking is
required as the screws will pull in flush

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding, http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman