From:
James Kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:35:29 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, James Kilty
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>I have
>a hunch (as I have not recorded the detailed dates) that workers may
>bring a cooled egg into play. Colleagues have reported queen cells being
>produced after all eggs should have hatched, i.e., more than 3 days
>after a swarm left or a split was made. I will look out carefully for
>evidence and report it.
Yesterday I looked at a split above its parent, completely separated by
a perforated zinc barrier to check for emergency cells having 1 week
earlier cut cells down to one open one as usual. I found the sealed cell
as expected, no unsealed worker brood at all and one new queen cell with
royal jelly in. I culled it without confirming absolutely that there
actually was a larva in it. So, on with the observations.
--
James Kilty