From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:36:01 -0400
> Aside from that glaring piece of misinformation...

It appears that the mainstream press can't ever get the
basic facts straight.  I've yet to see a completely error-free
and hype-free article.  Even "Science" and the "New York Times"
screwed up.

> the article also contains some more informed background
> info I have not seen in print yet.
>
> "One of the unusual features of the disorder is that the
> predators of abandoned beehives, such as hive beetles and
> wax moths, refuse to venture into infected hives for weeks or
longer...
> ...Fifty of the hives were irradiated..."

Well shucks, you should sign up for Bee Culture's "Catch The Buzz"
e-mail news alert service, where I described this testing scheme
back on 4/26/07:
http://home.ezezine.com/1636/1636-2007.04.26.08.42.archive.html

I also mentioned this curious aspect of CCD in an article
published in the June edition of Bee Culture, and released
online on Bee Culture's "CCD" web page in late April:
http://www.beeculture.com/content/ColonyCollapseDisorderPDFs/6%20Trackin
g%20A%20Serial%20Killer%20-%20Jim%20Fischer.pdf

So, there is an effort to put accurate information out there,
not that any of these so-called "journalists" can be accused
of doing their homework or fact-checking.

The main page for the Bee Culture CCD info is here:
http://www.beeculture.com/content/ColonyCollapseDisorder.cfm

The archive page of "Catch The Buzz" alerts is here:
http://home.ezezine.com/1636/