From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:17:48 -0600
>> He says Australian bees tend to feed on native flora rather than the
> pesticide sprayed weeds and crops of US bees.

> * Whoops! Went over the deep end!

Crops I agree with but not so sure about sprayed weeds but I do have
problems with bee kills from weed spraying.

I think there is truth to his answer about feeding on the native flora. I am
starting to practice many of the methods commercial beekeepers in Australia
practice. Those beekeepers said from the start of the CCD issue to quit
feeding HFCS and artificial pollen substitute and move bees on to flows.
Advice I have tried with success.

Holding yards are not the best places for bees! Thousands of hives in one
spot.

Very little feed is given Australian bees. Instead the migratory beekeepers
are constantly moving hives as soon as the floral sources dry up. In their
own words they say:
"Moving hives onto flows is well worth the labor and diesel costs!"

I get a good laugh every time I read the advertisement for the new bee diet!
Better than real pollen!

I have NEVER seen a pollen patty the bees will not stop using when fresh
pollen becomes available!

bob

--
believed to be clean.