Date:
Mon, 11 May 2009 09:54:59 -0400
John,
I don't disagree with what you say.  However, feral bees are nothing more
than hived bees that have swarmed for generations.  Granted, strides have
been made in bee breeding to produce specific genetic traits for commercial
use.  Those genetic traits, with the help of swarms have been added to the
gene pool of the feral population.  The same cannot be said about the
American Chestnut tree or for that matter, the American Elm.  Why feral bees
are making a return is a question I cannot answer just speculate on.  I have
a great deal of faith in Mother Nature.  The Black Footed Ferret was on the
extinct list a few years ago too but the species is on the incline.  The
Ivory Billed Woodpecker another extinct species has been spotted on several
occasions as well and new species are still awaiting discovery.  Nature
finds a way.

Coleene