From:
Michael Churchill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:58:41 -0500
At 12:15 AM 8/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me where I might buy hive stands, either portable or

I'd recommend putting a couple of landscaping timbers propped up on cinder
blocks (or perhaps the legs of your concrete benches).  The 8' timbers are
cheap yet strong/durable, and will hold two hives with space between to
rest empty supers, hive tools/smoker etc. while working the hives.  The
space between the timbers will allow the mesh bottom board to do what it is
supposed to.  Use 3 sets of blocks to prevent sagging (one at each end and
one in the middle).  Place the hives near the outer ends to maximize work
space between hives.

IHTH.

Mike Churchill
Mike Churchill, Beginning Beekeeper | What's the buzz all about?
http://www.netmechanic.com - Power Tools for Your Web Site
Link and HTML testing, Server Reliability Testing, Image Size Reduction