From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:32:25 -0400
I think it was me who started the discussion about a solicitation several of
us received to list/advertise on this web site.  Several of us commented
about the request that social security numbers be provided, the lack of a
person's name and contact information, and what seemed to be an obvious
attempt to collect email addresses and possibly be subject to Spam.

Yesterday, someone telephoned me to also solicit such a listing.  By asking
a few questions I was able to reasonably determine that he was talking about
the same web site, and told him of Bee-L's existence and of our discussion.
Obviously, he then joined the list and did a search for the relevant
discussions.

It sounds as if he is sincere about addressing the issues that concerned
several of us and presumably one could verify his membership in the
beekeeping organizations listed.  Personally, I would like to see those
changes before considering a listing on the web site.  Even then, I will
probably not join.

I was also pleased to see that he apparently did not pick up my email
address from the Bee-L list.

Lloyd
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.