From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2013 18:44:52 -0500
> I wonder if you are being deliberately combative or
> simply not attending closely to the discussion.

I was simply asking for some data or a metabolic mechanism to support the
assertion that antibiotics fed to otherwise healthy bees might "increase
production.  If I missed any citations or data, a link to that post would be
appreciated, but I've gone through the thread twice.

> I am personally acquainted with a beekeeper...
> ...who told me that he believed that feeding
> terramycin to apparently healthy colonies
> produced a noticeable improvement in their overall
> condition.  I am pretty sure others have noticed this as well.

If this is the supporting information, I was hoping for more than a
second-hand anecdote.

I think we are well aware of the general concern about the massive use of
antibiotics in beef, chicken, and other meat animals.  To date,
State/Provincial apiarists have not expressed any concern about the tiny
amount of antibiotics used in apiary applications, as the amount is less
than the rounding error in any of chickens, pigs, or cows.