From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:54:58 -0700
Tom Elliott wrote:

> I'll be encouraged when they show a beekeeper with AHB crawling over his bare
> hands.  Why is the selection of AHB for mild temperament being ignored?  At least
> it is not being discussed.

There is at least one beekeeper in S. Arizona working on this. He has no interest in
computers, even if he had the time. His operation is partially africanized, and he
has had success in developing Varroa resistance in his breeding stock. What's
happening in S. Texas ????????
   - John Edwards, USDA-ARS, Tucson