From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:54:46 -0800
Who do you want inspecting your bees?

  Do you want a beginner or someone with 20 years as an Inspector and more years a a beekeeper?

  Do you want someone who suffers the low price of honey and the frustrations of the pests that plague your chosen vocation? Or someone who doesn't have the ability to empathise with you fully, because they don't live beekeeping?

  I know that there are more beekeepers on Bee-L than are obvious. I've met some, out in the world and have had some e-mail me privately.

  So, if you'd just as soon keep your status as an observer (like I was for two years), e-mail me directly, please. Let me know your opinion.

  If things go the way they appear to be going, nine out of the fourteen Inspectors from last season won't be able to return to work, unless they are willing to give up their bees. And two weren't going to be asked back, for poor performance reasons.

  So, that would leave three, to cover the state. One in the Buffalo area, one between Rochester and Oswego and one on Long Island.

  Supposedly there is a guy from the Ithaca area who wants to work. So, that would make four.

  So, what do you think should be done? Nothing? Or something? Let me know, please.

  Thank you, Mark