From:
Martin Braunstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 09:48:06 -0600
Hello Andy Nachbaur and Allen Dick!

Andy:
I appreciate your effort to convince me about the advantages of HFCS over
sugar syrup, but if you read my first post about this matter you could have
noticed that I also think  HFCS is cheaper and better at least given the
market conditions of sweeteners in the USA.

"Hi Jim,

I would suggest you to try the following syrup recipe (although it would be
easier and cheaper to feed Type 55 HFCS ).The quantities are measured in
kilograms and liters. Bear in mind that one kilogram is equivalent ot 2.2
lbs. And that a gallon (four quarts) is equal to 3.78 liters."

The reason why I suggested the use of tartaric acid was because a
particular beekeeper located in the coastal area of Virginia asked for
references about sugar feeding, I
encouraged him to use Type 55 HFCS and only in second place sugar syrup
inverted with tartaric acid. Had you read my first post you could have
saved at least part of the precious minutes you invested in your reply.

I have three years of experience working for American queen breeders both
in California and southeast Georgia, so as you imagine I am absolutely
familiar with different kinds of artificial feeding from Drivert to HFCS.

Allen:
In spite of my three years working in the US, there are still some
idiomatic expressions that I can't quite understand. Could you please
clarify what you meant by KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.

Martin Braunstein
Malka Cabania Apicola
e-mail: [log in to unmask]