From:
david quesada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2011 20:24:31 +0200
No doubt. Honey is "food of animal origin". Look at definitions (Regulation
(EC) nš
853/2004)

ANNEX I
8. OTHER DEFINITIONS
8.1. "Products of animal origin" means:
– food of animal origin, including honey and blood;

Honey is considered by legislator as "product of animal
origin" only because if itīs not included, it canīt be applied an adecuate
hygiene control of honey as we do with milk, eggs, meat... and honey is
produced the same way this foods and other animal production...we feed bees
and we use medications,and consumers safety must be guaranteed.

We can do that if honey itīs included and afected by Regulation (EC) nš
853/2004 but not otherwise.

LINKS

Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 on specific hygiene rules for food of animal
origin
<http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/food_safety/veterinary_checks_and_food_hygiene/f84002_en.htm><http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/food_safety/veterinary_checks_and_food_hygiene/f84002_en.htm>

 **UE FOOD HYGIENE REGULATIONS** Food hygiene As part of the revision of
legislation on the hygiene of foodstuffs ("hygiene package"), this
Regulation focuses on defining the food safety objectives to be achieved,
leaving the food operators responsible for adopting the safety measures to
be implemented in order to guarantee food safety.
http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/food_safety/veterinary_checks_and_food_hygiene/f84001_en.htm

P. David Quesada
DESDE LA PIQUERA
www.apiculturabiologica.blogspot.com