Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2017 17:58:06 +0000
>>>   ... EARLY varroa management is of utmost importance, aswell as ensuring strong brood rearing at the end of the season.
Mention has been made of using formic and oxalic acids as a method of mite control.   Question:  Does formic acid and oxalic acid follow the same effect in treating varroa mites? I.E.  Do they affect the mites in the same manner?  Question:  In alternating treatments for mites to prevent tolerance buildup would alternating formic acid and oxalic acid fall within this category of alternating modes of treatment?  Question:  Wanting to be "chemical" free, i.e. not using treatments that would leave residue in the wax of the comb, what other treatments besides the two acid treatments would fall under the "chemically free" treatment methods? Mike in LA