Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:03:45 -0400
Here in Florida it seems, they consider bottling honey processing food and
we must get a permit etc..($$$) and pass inspection.  However the Mom and
Pop's who grind sugar cane and make cane syrup, can fruits, jellies and
vegetables to sell at road side stands, do not have a worry.  I would call
this 'processing'  as opposed to straining honey that has been 'processed'
by the bees.  Put a ' Honey For Sale' sign up and you are begging for an
inspector to stop by and tell you to take it down.  We can sell bulk with no
problem.  Do you think the packers had something to do with the
regulation???? Will Lewis.