From:
Rick Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 13:52:06 +0000
Dave recently queried about "Kill Rates" - I prefer to call it the
"winter survival rate"!!

Anyhow, I got into my hives over the weekend - 9 out of 10 hives have
made it so far. The first hints of pollen are coming in, in spite of some
snow still on the ground. The snow is finally starting to melt due to
warmer temperatures, although the weathermen are predicting cooler
temps this week, with possible sleet/snow tomorrow (boo!), so spring
hasn't really started here (yet). I'm starting to get optimistic, though,
that I will have 8 or 9 hives to start this season with.

Rick Hough, a beekeeper from Hamilton, MA, USA (NE of Boston)