Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 18:34:00 -0400
Interesting reading but it really has the flavor of "when I was your
age..."

The reason, if it is true, may be no more than there are many more cars on
the road. Double the number of cars and you will half the number of bugs.
Still have the same number of bugs, just less hitting your windshield.

Right now, there are over 250 million registered vehicles in the US, In
1960 there were about 75 million. That would decrease the number on you
windshield by 3.3x. If you take just drivers, the increase is about 60
million to about 210 million today, or 3.5x, So for every bug that you see
today, you would see 3,5 back in 1960,

So can we classify trucks and cars as pesticides? (Don't let the EU know
about this.)

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine