From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:49:08 -0400
http://www.sunherald.com/306/story/457431.html

"We lost 40 percent of the hives we sent there. We sent 70,000 out and lost 28,000," said Adee,
whose Adee Honey Farms in Bruce is considered the largest beekeeping operation in the nation."

http://home.ezezine.com/1636/1636-2008.03.24.11.24.archive.html

"Meanwhile, in the Palm Beach Post today, Dr. Jeff Pettis is quoted saying that the losses this year
from CCD appear to be worse than last year. His survey shows that of the 22 commercial beekeepers
he surveyed, coming from 10 different states, all of whom went to California to pollinate almonds,
operating a total of 230,000 colonies (about 16% of the bees that went to California this season),
about 37% have been lost to CCD like symptoms. This compares to a similar survey last year at this
time where only a 30% loss was recorded. That’s a 20% increase this year, so far."