From:
Laura Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 18:01:24 -0400
   A couple of weeks ago I posted a message concerning bee stings.  At the
time, I had gotten stung on my hand, swelled up, rings had to be cut off, and
it itched for a few days.  Concensus was that I was not allergic since I
hadn't had some of the more severe reactions.

   Yesterday evening, I got stung on my upper leg, inner, above the knee.
 The area is now red, swollen, itchy and warm.  The red, swollen area is the
size of almost two of my hands.  I think part of the stinger may have still
been in it this morning.  I removed something small, followed by a very small
white discharge or object this morning.

   Last year I was stung on both the head and neck with very little swelling
and itching.  Can someone develop an intolerance to bee venom after time?
 Should I go to the doctor and be tested for bee venom allergies?  Someone I
know says that he became severely allergic to bee venom over time - first a
small reaction, then a subsequent sting or stings sent him to the hospital.
 Help, please!

Laura Downey