From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 21:26:55 -0500
You might as well have it straight from Jerry

December 20, 2011 1:46:37 PM EST

I just wanted to give you an early heads up before you heard it from someplace else. I will be leaving the Florida Dept. of Agriculture and shifting over to private industry around the first of February. As you know Monsanto purchased Beeologics, the company that is developing RNAi products for honey bee disease control. They needed a honey bee person to see if this technology can be improved and brought to help honey bees and their keepers.

In visiting with the people from Monsanto over the last couple months I am convinced that they have the best of intentions to do their best to help the beekeeping industry. In the past the beekeeping industry was kept at arm’s length by Ag Chem. I believe this changes things. There is a commitment to include Beekeepers and not exclude them as has been done by others in the past.

I am ready to field any comments , questions or suggestions as I have already been called Darth Vader

Thanks.   Jerry