Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2012 07:40:29 -0700
Bob and others,
It is time to wake up and face the new day.  Even if the neonics and GMO are
as bad as you believe, they are not going away.  They have been in
widespread use long enough now to prove that they are not the end of the
beekeeping or the end of the world.  We need more on this site like Randy to
dig deeply into these controversial topics.  His willingness to spread the
word on his and others research is invaluable.
Our expanding population is going to need more and more food.  I spent 28
years in oat and barley breeding.  Yield increases are getting smaller, and
more difficult to find by conventional plant breeding techniques.  Future
yield increases are going to come from disease, insect, and weed control.
Dave