From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:34:44 -0700
Rod,
I started with cardboard. It does gunk up the interior of the smoker so there
are things in it that may not be too good for the bees. I shifted to pine
needles when I noticed that it was the fuel that continually won our State
Picnic smoker contest. I won the next year with pine needles. Interesting, but
the only other fuel that won was from a nuclear power plant. He would not tell
us what it was.
Cardboard burns hot compared to pine needles. Plus I heard the same things
about glues and other treatments causing problems so it was not too hard to
shift- even though I saw no problems with my bees.
Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME