From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 15:03:27 -0500
>     Gentlepeople:
>     I have a question I present to this august body of beekeeping
>     knowledge.

By now you've possibly had lots of answers. One thing I would like to point
out, you should fumigate those boxes!! Most people don't, if it was Nosema,
then the spores are still present and new bees will be infected cleaning up
the mess.
        The method of fumigation is easy. Pile all the dirty boxes and
frames together (as a hive) seal all holes, place a jar lid or something
similar full of 5% Acetic Acid on the bottom board. The fumes will fumigate
the hive and new bees will not be recontaminated.
         You can have a Nosema test carried out, it's not overly expensive,
it will save the cost of medication which might not be necessary.
   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2, *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1.*
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks          *