From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:34:34 -0500
From Apinews:

http://www.apinews.com/en/component/k2/item/24982

Kind regards,

Ghislain De Roeck,

Ghislan,  we run into a lot of this kind of poor writing here in the US.
The article is intended to outrage and stir up emotions.

Just a cpl of poor points to consider.  They mention that the Doe scientist
each got 5-10 minutes,  and the workers only got 2 minutes each.

What they don't mention is the NUMBER of workers present vs the number of
Scientist.    It also doesn't mention the education levels and the data
behind them.

It also makes a travesty out of the fact PAN only spent 21,000 dollars and
Dow spent 1.2 million.

What that fails to note is the dollars are votes of importance.  If this was
such a big deal to Pan they could have found a lot more funding to lobby.

Dursban and Lorsban have been around for decades.  Proper care and use is
always required.

This article is really a complaint about the American political system.  And
I agree its not working great right now.  But that does not make Dow or
Sygenta bad actors,  just players in the game.
I really got a kick out of the closing,

"She might be on to something. White House logs show that just weeks before
the EPA released the new worker-protection standard, there was at least one
major meeting between administration officials and four senior officers from
CropLife America."

Really??  Meeting with EPA officials is now a problem??  Any one with a
thought process realizes just how overreaching and controlling our EPA is
becoming, and would realize that meetings with them are just normal dealings
done every day by both sides.  From an administration that's implemented
more "Green" concepts than any other, a meeting is hardly a conspiracy.

I would hope that the Members of Bee-L would look at the Science,  not
hyperbole, like this article.

Charles