From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:05:12 -0400
Waldemar said "You can also suspend the nylon bags with cappings over pails
and let the honey drain down overnight.  Just make sure there is not too
much humidity in the room."

One of my earliest memorys is honey combs suspended in a cotton bag over a
wash tub.  The combs were from a bee tree and were suspended behind an
old-fashioned wood stove.  The kind with burners on top (heated by the wood
fire) and an oven.  Of course, the stove also heated the room, which is
where we lived during the winter.  This kept the honey warm and the heat
meant that there was little humidity.  The combs would hang there for 2-3
weeks and drain just about dry.

Nylon will work much better than cotton, but in those days (late 40's) there
wasn't much nylon around for such purposes.

Nothing else in the house was heated.

Lloyd

--
Lloyd Spear