From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:44:07 -0500
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:38:03 EDT, Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

  My biggest
>surprise, why more beekeepers don't have  more problems with chemical
>toxicity,
>since the amounts, kinds, and  mixtures of beekeeper treatments was down
>right
>amazing.

I do bee removals by using a screen wire funnel and a hive immediately under
the funnel
with a frame of brood with bees all the way down to eggs in the frame. The
accompanying
bees will keep the brood from getting chilled in cool weather and feed the
larva until other bees are there to help.

I had a man, who is a chemical salesman, call with bees in his house. They
were going in
under the soffit. He had tried to kill them a couple of times before
calling. I told him since he had started trying to kill them that I would
not be interested in funneling them out. I told him to continue spraying and
if unsuccessful, call me about the fourth  of July. He called and said he
had failed with all chemicals that he had tried. Said he tried 3 that stated
"harmful to honeybees". I told him to call March 1, 2009 and we would get
them out.

Bees are very good at defending against chemicals by several means.

Lionel