From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 20:26:49 -0500
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:38:45 -0500, Bill T <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Big question comes up here- what is natural?

I have at length come to the conclusion that the answer to this question
belongs to each of us, there is no right or wrong answer. Each will have his
or her own answer, or will decide there is none, really.

To me, a natural hive is one in a tree or cave. Or, if it is in a bee hive,
because bees will naturally move into hives, the management of it would be
minimal. I see nothing wrong with giving extra room, as needed.

Make sure it doesn't succumb to a contagious disease, like AFB. That it
doesn't go hopelessly queenless. And I would suggest dividing the hive, so
as to get the benefit of swarming without losing the swarm to the woods.

pb