From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2012 11:31:35 -0800

> >Do not get the point Randy, they are talking about plants and not bees

That is why I changed the subject line.  You are correct--Monsanto appears
to be mainly interested in plants.  Think about it--compare the market for
corn and soy seeds to the market for breeder queen bees.  It wouldn't be
worth Monsanto's time to even investigate breeding bees!

> >Plants producing/expresing a given RNA?

Yes, producing a dsRNA.  Plants naturally produce dsRNA's as an immune
response to viruses, so nothing new here.  Recent research has also
demonstrated that plants already naturally produce microRNA's that affect
mammal genetic regulation and health.

It appears that Monsanto wants to "speed up" this natural process to
develop plants are innately resistant to certain insect, nematode, or
fungal pests.  The beauty, subject to confirmation, would be that such
resistance would be highly targeted.

I'm not trying to sell Monsanto here--just sharing facts.

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
www.ScientificBeekeeping.com