From:
Tim Sterrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 13:57:55 GMT
Algis Stankus-Saulaitis wrote:

> Here's the puzzlement: a few weeks ago I noticed liquid at the entrance,
> flowing out from the hive along the bottom board. As is my habit, I every
> so often use a small twig to flick out dead bees near the entrance. It
turned
> out that liquid was not moisture, but honey.
      And an inspection showed no moisture under the lid.

      These  could be signs of a dead colony.

       How about some more info about this colony:
      How many live bees are visible at the top of the colony when the lid is
lifted?   A cluster of bees or a few bees wandering around?

Tim
Tim Sterrett
Westtown, (Southeastern) Pennsylvania, USA
39*55'N 75*33'W