From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 21:23:20 -0500
If you have actual data that conflicts with specific issues in the texts, by
all means, bring that up.

Christina

With all due respect, I did,  not the text of the book per sea,  that wasn't
the point.  The text of the post was in question.  And so far the choice is
to ignore it.  Its called ground truth.  If your theory that local
adaptations were the solution were true, we would have some evidence.
Randy's mentioned he seem some evidence.  I have bought a lot of those
locals...  So far,  not ready for prime time.

 I asked for examples......  simple question. Instead I get a lecture on
going back to the text book?

Tom Glenn spent a lot of time on it,  as well as every other bee breeder in
the country.  In fact pretty close to the world.  So far,  no Joy.  If the
theory of Local adaptation had any merits,  then we could go into the large
tracts of national forest and find bees that are varroa proof and great in
boxes.

I wish it were so, truly I do. Nothing better in the world than a simple
elegant soulution,  I still hope I am wrong.  It would be cool to find a
local adapted bee that made honey and survived without intervention.

Wiki book review?  Really??  What Blink does is teach you that following the
crowd is not always the right answer.   ABC of bee culture is a fine book,
sits next to me on the couch and I read a lot.  And reread...  and there are
no answers for our current situation mentioned yet.

Charles