Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 13:49:23 EDT
Try it this way:

Assemble the hive body / super first.  Set your tablesaw fence
for the distance you want from the top of the box to the
handhold.  Clamp A stop block to each end of the fence so as to
center the dado cut in the length of the box and allow maybe an
extra inch of cut.  You'll need two sets of stop blocks, one
set spaced for the ends, about 18" apart, and one set for the
sides, about 22" apart, both centered at the center of the
blade.

Stand to the side of the saw and, holding the box by the ends,
hold one end against the stop block at the infeed end, lower
the side into the turning blade, then move the box to the other
stop block and lift it straight up and off. Turn the box over
and cut the other side, and repeat until you've cut the sides
of all your boxes.  Then change the stop blocks and cut the
ends.

It's really a simpler procedure the it looks when it's
explained as above.  The stop blocks reduce the likelihood of
kickback and standing to the side puts you out of the way.
Holding the assembled box by the ends as you cut the sides,
etc., keeps your hands well away from the blade.  Works for me.

Happy woodworking,

Fred

of According to Don Bowen: