From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 23:14:19 -0600
There are still a lot of posts to bee-l regarding the formation of a
new bee list.

Perhaps I should point out that it is really not a matter for public (on list)
discussion at this point.

The original post was intended to bring constructive comments
*privately* by email to the writer, and to obtain an idea of interest -
not disrupt the business of the list with everyone's ideas as to
whether my private business is appropriate or not.

I apologise to the list for the fact that many felt it necessary to
bother the list with a pointless debate on a matter that is out of
their hands.

Just for the record: anyone who wishes may or may not form his or her
own list and decide whether it is open or closed to the public,
moderated or not, and decide on the subjects suitable for discussion
on it.

A number of us have decided to form at least one new list.  Whether
or not this comes about soon depends on whether or not a home can be
found for a reasonable cost.  How the list(s) develop depends on how
much effort someone(s) is willing to devote the time required to
moderate.

It is likely that anyone who wishes to will be able to read it.  It
will be advertised here when appropriate.

I am sure that BEE-L will continue on and that many will read both
lists.

I hope that now  bee-l will return to discussing bees, wasps, etc.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                    VE6CFK
Rural Route One, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada  T0M 1Y0
Honey. Bees, Art, & Futures <http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka>