Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:15:23 GMT+0200
Hi All

I find this honey price thread interesting. So far we have people
suggesting to sell at higher prices than in the store beecausee of
high quality. Others suggest sticking to reccommended prices.

My philosophy is as follows:

Our store price is about US$3.80 (it is going up fast because of
drought) per honey jar (approx 500g/a pound). If I sell to the store
I would get US$1.50 ish. So I sell at US$2.80 approximately, which
meeans people get a good product at less than thy would pay in the
stores. I sell to diabetics and guarantee no sugar in the honey (for
some reeason that is bad), so sell often up to 20 bottles a time. I
also sell to my student friends at the same prices. People just write
their nam onto a waiting list and they geet honey, cheapr and better
than any othr way. It is good natural unheated honey. People like the
aura of honey straight from the beekeepeer, and because I have a list
I just send an e-mail to everyone who wanted honey and they come and
get it. A good product at a good pric draws customers.

Keeep well

Garth

---
Garth Cambray       Kamdini Apiaries
15 Park Road        Apis melifera capensis
Grahamstown         800mm annual precipitation
6139
Eastern Cape
South Africa               Phone 27-0461-311663

3rd year Biochemistry/Microbiology    Rhodes University
In general, generalisations are bad.
Interests: Flii's and Bees.