From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 04:27:00 GMT
PV>I have periodically reviewed the subscriber list of Bee-L and I have
  >noticed a strong trend for the "professionals" (i.e. those people _paid_
  >to offer info and support to beekeepers) to turn over faster than
  >average subscribers.  I suggest that if you want these people to read
  >and reply to your questions, don't fill their mailboxes up with comments
  >about your local weather.

Hi Phil and Bee Friends,

I am sure it is no surprise to any that I don't agree with any of your
post, but I won't take it apart other then this one area...

It is up to these individual who claim to be "professional" to earn
their own pay and not the lowly beekeeper to bend his knee. Any good so
called "professional" who can not make his point in verbal discussion
should not be at the public hog trough anyway.

I am a professional beekeeper myself and I don't receive a dime to post
here or any other place, but as long as I feel I have something to
contribute I will post even knowing that some so called "professionals"
don't like my own personal style of posting and are even less interested
in my opinions.  Many do take the time to read it all from cover
to cover anyway, and I am pleasantly surprised all the time when some
even agree that our bee world is not a perfect place and our science is
not exact but we all still have to live together and that includes the
professionals be they in paid by some branch of government or by the
sweat of their bodies and the honey their bees produce or the crops
their bees pollinate or just with the joy in watching their own apiary
big or small.

Personally I am very interested in all local beekeeper reports, and I
would like to see a never ending tread from the beekeeper regardless if
they are professional or not on topics such as WEATHER and how it is
effecting your bees this day, MITES and what worked for you or did not
work in your efforts to control them, BEE STOCK, bee it made in America
or imported from Africa, and anything else that they want to post on.
Let the professional stand in line a year or more to get his own
professional "for sale" information published if he can not join the
real time world of beekeepers on the internet and share a little of his
time in reading and posting in this echo or any other.

I personally suspect the work of any professional who can not take the
heat of the public view on their own opinions scientific or not, and
maybe they should not publish or post them and have their subordinates
read this list if it has become too large to manage with their available
time. In any case its their loss and not ours.

The Weather which every beekeeper in this area knows is the number one
consideration in producing the pasture we all need at least here in
Central California. We never get enough rain, thats right, the water is
causing misery to many people right now here in California especially to
those who build and live in the flood plains and I am sure even a few
bee hives will be lost or maybe a lot and I can hear my neighbor
beekeepers on the local bee radio network talking about helping
each other in moving and checking bees that may be in danger of the
floods that are coming down the rivers right now as I write this. These
losses are just gifts from man to the rain Gods in thanks for the next
storm. And with the 100 year flood comes a profusion of flowers, some
not seen for a 100 years since the last flood to provide pasture for our
bees and such beauty to this area that normally is a desert with less
then 10 inches of annual rainfall that now has received a years supply
several months before the end of our rainy season.

                              ttul Andy-

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.
---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ ... Where bee-hives range on a gray bench in the garden,