Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:56:48 GMT
>>...human life is related to the number of heart beats. <..> a good case to be made against working out in the gym!

Good cardiovascular exercise will temporarily boost your heartrate (undesirable) but it will result in a significantly lower heartbeat rate during the non-exercise, resting period (very desirable).  This extends the time life of the heart.  We live as long as our major organs function.  Humans are 'programmed' to live 140 years in optimum conditions.

Waldemar