From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:49:14 -0800
Peter Borst:
just like you claimed for varroa mites and of course, honey bees were
in the Americas "all along" as well.

Reply:
I still claim this Peter and always will,... from analysis of files I have and in archives in libraries in Washington D. C.and other places. You see mites are identified by point of infestation and as we go more modern, more breakouts/determinations seem to fall out with new names then given as we keep noting differences in size (besides it time frame in so doing!), shape, placement, etc. As for honeybees in the Americas prior to so-called Columbus, well many various sites and artifacts have been found from more then one early civilization here with links to bees; besides a major continent/landmass cannot split apart and all have except one!....even if man hasn't travelled so much.

Dee