From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:35:48 -0700
>How long, how many treatments, should treatments be administered in the

> propolactic treatment of the yard?

Either three dustings as per the label, or one extender patty.  Formula for
patties at
http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publications/spfiles/SP596.pdf

I could use Tylosin, but I am concerned about it's long-term activity in the
hive.

I use antibiotics minimally, since I do not want to suppress the symptoms of
AFB, only to later find that it has spread via frame transfer, or to have
any nucs that I sell to later come down with AFB.  I'd rather see it and
burn the combs.

In this particular case, in which a hive had AFB and was robbed out in a
yard, I will treat the yard with a single OTC patty to try to stop the
initiation of infection in other hives in the yard.  I will inspect each
hive this fall before mixing them with the rest of my operation.

Randy Oliver