From:
Herve Abeille <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:23:17 -0500
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:36:00 -0500, Brian Fredericksen
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Instead of serious discussion on topics like artisinal and organic
>honey the ignorance of the market potential is displayed by poking fun
>at small details that are apperently not understood.

Hello
The apparent lack of balance in the discussion is mainly because people like
yourself have not chimed in. Your comments are certainly welcomed by me: I
tried to find out how to produce organic honey in the NE USA and was told by
the certifiers that it was impossible. They weren't asking for my input, either.

But as far as the small details that aren't understood

1) It is no small matter to be told how to keep bees by someone who knows
little and less than I do. Clipping queens' wings is harmless, and very
helpful to the beekeeper.

2) I do not understand why these certifiers set such whimsical standards,
and why they (do you?) object to wing clipping. Dr. C. C. Miller, one of the
world's great beekeepers, clipped both wings on one side; A. I. Root
recommended clipping one on each side because "it looks better"

These people are my heroes and I have no reason (as yet) to doubt them

Herve Abeille