From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:56:15 -0500
> I also found that when counting, I needed light as bright as full
> sunlight, reading glasses AND a magnifier to see all the mites.

various stores (Walgreens) sell reading glasses which fold and can be placed
in a crush proof case ( about the size of a half dollar US.) which fit
easily in the pocket of your bee suit. Come in many magnifications.

The problem we see with glasses (of all kinds) is the glasses tend to slip
down on the nose with sweat when bending over.

 I never knew of a commercial beekeeper owning a sauna.

Sweat bands help but still a nuisance. One of my helpers regularly gets
stung on the nose pushing his glasses back up which makes his hooded veil
touch his nose.

I find working single hives goes easier using knee pads rather than bending
over for long periods. A MT deep hive body for doubles.

We have had many discussions on singles, doubles and triples. All has their
pros & cons.(archives)

bob