From:
"Laura A. Downey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 19:06:31 -0500
At 03:04 PM 2/18/96 -0800, you wrote:

> I have something to add about 1996 beekeepers. People use to have a hive
>or two in there backyard and they would get a little honey from them.When
>Varroa came along a very large number lost there bees. We even had
>beekeepers with over 1,000 hives go down to almost 0. I was nailed this
last >fall. I leave the bees up in the mountains to get a late fireweed
flow. I have
>been doing this for 25 years, not anymore. I treated too late on some that
>I stressed moving them down.

I bet _you_ still call yourself a beekeeper!  :)  Beekeepers are human.
Humans aren't perfect.  It takes a _real_ beekeeper to understand that.  I
would certainly call you a beekeeper, as I would call myself and most others
here.

>We need help with more education, to work on every
>positive thing we can. No negative.Only positive.

That's what I thought this list was about - education.  Its also well known
that education is much more effective when it is _positive_.  Unfortunately,
every so often, some feel the need to be negative or sarcastic towards
others.  We need to be POSITIVE and help each other.  There's nothing to
gain by berating someone for a mistake or lack of knowledge.  We're in this
together.  We need to educate each other, not alienate ourselves from others
because the aren't as perfect as we'd like them to be.

Thank you for your positive comments.  They are much appreciated.

Respectfully,
L. A. Downey