From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:39:33 -0400
>The articles are not boring to me but what would you like to see there?

I haven's subscribed to bee magazines
for several years now,  mostly because
my style of beekeeping; 'no treatment
beekeeping' was not being represented
in an exclusive manner.  I have no interest
in reading how to drop mites, medicate
foulbrood, fumigate, dust, and or, any
new fad of treatments, which they all conflict
with my beekeeping philosophy.

The great consumer demand for the organic
style of beekeeping would suggest to a
wise businessman, that a section devoted
to this type of methodology would be a logical
and prudent business decision for the publishers.
This would bring many of the 'new style'
homestead beekeepers who typically have
entered the field of beekeeping with the specific
intent to to produce chemical free honey
on their chemical free farm, for consumption
by their family and local markets.  There has
been a tremendous surge in homestead
beekeeping, but it appears the publishers fail
to see that there is a market niche waiting for
this type of literature be available on a 'monthly
basis'.

Note: market niche means $$$$$$

I also enjoy some of the old bee magazines
which would occasionally run a biography
of some of the great bee-men, living, or
dead, and articles with a historical perspective
are always enjoyed.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles/