From:
Bil Harley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:46:31 -0400
To Bill Truesdale and Randy Oliver I must apologise for the confusion I caused. As two of the papers are very long I am sending them off list.
The information which provoked my comments was initially from Luc Belzunces, Directeur de l’UMR INRA  at the University of Avignon and the Vaucluse, “the lethal dose in acute toxicity is already very low compared to other Insecticides (4 to 40 nanograms per Bee, 1 ng = 10-9 g) The chronic lethal dose is approximately 4 000 times lower. To assess the effect of chronic toxicity, the bees were fed for 10
days with a sugar syrup containing known concentrations of the
product: the ingestion of 1 picogram per day is enough to kill a bee in 10 days (1 pg = 10-12 gram).” http://www.inra.fr/l_institut/l_inra_en_bref/l_essentiel_en_documents/inra_magazine

Bil Harley