From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2018 07:20:36 -0800
> These bees [Gottland survivor stock] have been known about for years, yet
has anyone gotten results with them, outside of their isolated environment?

I asked Dr Ingemar Fries about the stock a couple of years ago.  He said
that it was not a "desirable" stock as far as beekeeping, and in the later
years of the study, was not propagating itself sufficiently.

By comparison, I took half of my own 50+ "surviving" colonies that
exhibited low mite levels in autumn to almond pollination, where they
graded at ~15 frame-strength average.

To be clear, I am in no way claiming that they are indeed mite resistant,
or that they will survive a second season without treatment, or that they
carry a heritable trait.  I am simply transparently sharing the results of
a stringent selective breeding program, which may eventually show success,
or completely fail.  Either way, I will honestly and objectively publish
the results.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA